God’s given tranquility; 35 wooded acres, 1 mi. off rt. 417; dirt road; 5 mi. to bike trail & River; golf close; 4 mi. to Franklin/30 min. to I-80/45 min. to I-79. Private room attached to home, w/private entrance & steps off deck. Deck, pool (unheated), grill shared w/host. Horses, chickens, cat & dog. In winter, recommend AWD/4WD . WiFi calling. No kitchen; We try honoring Jesus in ALL; we’d love to host you. Solo/sm. family; H2o, Br. Bars & Oatmeal for 1st day. The space…
Our “House in the Woods” is located on 35 acres of land that includes a: pond, pool, barn, and pasture, all located near Two Mile Run State Park. The park offers fishing, swimming, boating, horse back riding (your horse), cross country skiing and more. You can also swim, fish, trail ride, cross country ski, snow shoe, build a fire, and hike right at our place! We also live 4 miles from the Erie to Pittsburgh bike trail, (which is along the Allegheny River), Franklin and The Barrow Theatre. Search it for shows, dates and times. In the space, you’ll find: a queen bed, two single beds, a futon, a (real) floor mattress, a desk and a high table with seating for 4. Sheets, toweling and pillows are provided. There are steps up to the room.
Settle down for the short, or long term, in the “Bunk House”. You’ll have a separate entrance on the back deck, a private room and bathroom. To make your stay even more enjoyable, take advantage of the pool and deck (season permitting), pond, fire pit, and sauna (up-charge). There will be “morning grub” in your room, enough for your first breakfast. When you arrive we will have the Wi Fi password for you. Other things to note…
1. We have a zip line, over the pond, and horses. We ask guests to refrain from both.
2. Available tv is Direct TV AND Netflix (through the wii) and you’ll need to have WiFi calling to make calls from your cell.
3. Events: Applefest (very crowded) has food and crafts and is the first full weekend in October. Light Up Night is the Saturday before Thanksgiving, with a parade and fireworks. Franklin On Ice is the beginning of February and has ice sculptures and a chili cook off.
4. For more Franklin events, search our Chamber of Commerce site.
5. There is a flight of steps up to the room.
6. We do have a large dog. If you’re not a dog lover, we’ll keep him in as much as possible. His name is Major.Please call before booking. We are affiliated with AirBnb and the accounts aren’t synced. We’ll need to make sure the dates are open. Thanks!