The Mennonite Your Way Directory
We welcome you to the Mennonite Your Way Directory website. Since its founding by Leon and Nancy Stauffer in 1976, Mennonite Your Way (MYW) renews an old tradition among Mennonites, Brethren, and other Christians of "like spirit" by organizing a hospitality network so travelers can share Christian courtesy and fellowship. All who agree with the "MYW Plan" can apply to use the Directory. Click at the left to read the "MYW Plan".
Current Editor and Coordinator Jay Basler and his wife Glola.
Click here to learn how The Mennonite Your Way Directory works.
Use this website to learn about Mennonite Your Way or order your new MYW 2021-2023 Directory for your personal travel. Registration is still possible however the directory has been printed and your information will only be available through email requests.
We invite you to be part of this heritage of courtesy, fellowship and hospitality as a host or traveler. Click on Order a Directory or Register as a Host in the navigation list to the left to apply to be a part of the Mennonite Your Way Directory Family. NOTE: If you are traveling before you receive Directory 14 and do not have a copy of Directory 13, please contact us via email to request information. Upon confirmation that you've registered as a host or subscriber we can provide host information via email.
To Make Reservations with MYW Hosts
How to use the Mennonite Your Way Directory Host Listings
- Find a host near the location you need. If you need help anytime contact us with the locations you need to find a nearby host. Click here for our contact page.
- Use the chosen host's contact information in the Directory to learn if it is convenient for the host to welcome you on the dates you need.
- If yes, ask for directions to their home from wherever you are entering the city and discuss any special requirements.
- Agree to and confirm the expected donation.
- Ask if your expected arrival time is convenient for your host.
- Following your stay, provide your host with your thank you note, donation, and if possible a hostess gift such as a photo, a jar of jam, or other practical item from your home area.
Your Donation per Night to your Host
For Directory 14, the suggested donation to your MYW host in Canada or the USA is $10.00 per adult, $2.00 per child and if breakfast or another meal is offered, $2.00 per meal per person unless otherwise noted in the host's listing. Consult with international hosts when making reservations regarding their preferred donation and currency. However, all hosts face rising costs for housing and utilities and may request a higher donation if discussed and confirmed when initially agreeing to host a guest.
To receive a printed copy of MYW Directory 14, the suggested donation in USD is:
- Hosts: $30.00
- Those unable to host at this time: $45.00